It's far and probably too ambitious but here is the draft route for our BIG summer trek of 2016. The route takes us up to Plain, Wa for the Northwest Overland Rally and then to the following proposed locations:
- Cascades National Park for a quick visit
- Over to Sandpoint, ID
- East to Kalispell, MT and Glacier National Park
- Down to Missoula, MT and then back into ID
- Modified ID BDR Route which will exclude a few sections and add a couple of different routes for places I want to see including - Sun Valley and the Craters of the Moon park
- Then head east to take a peek at Alpine, WY (Time permitting) with the return to AZ via pavement through a portion of the UT BDR we did last year. One of my dream Airparks is located in Alpine.
- After entering UT it will be the typical route via Salt Lake area towards Kanab and then down through Marble Canyon and home.
While the route is "planned" the number of days in places and specific campsites are not. There are too many variables including the weather, availability, finding a unique spot to stay, mood du jour, etc.
I am looking forward to having my new Expedition One front bumper and winch installed. I will also be working on some articles about the trip and am going to try to document some trails for TrailsOffroad.com
Note this map isn't 100% accurate since Google can't draw the forest roads I will be taking in ID and elsewhere.Click the More Options link in the map for a full screen version.